Tuesday, March 26, 2013

1,000 Door Building in South Korea




South Korean artist and designer Choi Jeong-Hwa used 1,000 old doors to create an unusual ten-storey door building in South Korea.
This colorful  public art installation titled “Doors” was built in Soeul back in 2009 and I’m pretty sure it holds the record for the most doors in a single building. The building looks really cool, however I would be scared navigating inside it – one wrong door and you’re flying.
“In 1989. I couldn’t really draw so I didn’t think I could become a painter, but I really liked walking. So I used to walk between streets and narrow alleys and discover garbage piles and construction sites. I realized that “normal” people built and created things better than artists or professionals. Plus, what they were making was more natural. I decided against becoming an artist and decided instead to be an ordinary person who thinks like an artist”,  said Choi in his interview to The Creators Project.
*via boredpanda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment